(11-12-99) There's absolutely no doubt gun control laws lead to genocide, says Aaron Zelman.
Zelman, Executive Director of the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO), believes that the case against gun control is self-evident. He cites historical statistics to prove his point.
In the 20th Century, there have been at least seven major genocides, he reveals. At least 56 million persons, including millions of children, have been murdered by officials of what he calls "governments gone bad."
The body count includes:
1. Ottoman Turkey (1915-1917) - 1.5 million Armenians murdered
2. Soviet Union (1929-1953) - 20 million people who opposed Stalin murdered
3. Nazi-occupied Europe (1933-1945) - 13 million people, including Jews, Gypsies and others who opposed Hitler, murdered
4. China (1948-1952) - 20 million anti-communists, not including Tibetans, murdered
5. Guatemala (1960-1981) - 100,000 Mayan Indians murdered